Thursday, January 22, 2009

Home




So I have been a week and a half at my host house and love every minute of it.Well maybe not every minute the mosquitos are not my favourite pet to have around.Even though they love me very much.I thought I would show a couple of pictures of my place and I also forgot to show a picture of my 8 year language teacher.

We all have such a great time trying to understand each other .I bought a Khmer to English dictionary that they use and an english to khmer that I use so we both have been teaching each other.I read an article called language as ministry and I have to agree.There is a bonding that happens when people realize that you value their language and culture and want to learn and not just teach them ours.

God really took me out of my comfort zone today as I have just finished preaching this morning.

It was my first attempt at preaching with a translator and the Lord blessed me with not just a great translator but a humble and gracious congregation.Those that know me might say that I have a slight leaning towards speaking(LOL).Having to pause to be translated made it very difficult for me as I normally speak extemporaneously.I also just let go and let the Holy Spirit guide me sometimes I dont even know where that scripture came from.This time although Holy Spirit inspired was a bit discomforting at first with the pace.It will just propel me further in my language lessons so I can relate to the beautiful people of Cambodia with their own language.

God bless

kevin

You can pray for me to continue to seek the Kingdom ............when we turn our eyes on to searching for the Kingdom it is amazing how many times you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment