Sunday, February 1, 2009

Unexpected

I was walking by the market yesterday and saw something I wasn"t expecting.

There was a foreigner a Brit I think who was talking to another foreigner and my discerning Spirit was flagged about the situation.I knew something was up but what was it????

As I approached closer I could hear the one person explaining the situation he was in(i.e.He just had his wallet stolen in the market and his need for money.

Then it sunk-in the reason my radar was up was that this is a seen that is so familiar to me living in the downtown eastside of Vancouver.This man hadn't had his wallet stolen he was a drug addict trying to find money for his next fix.I watched the action transpire knowing full well what was going on.I felt I should say something not to the person giving the money but to the drug-addict I proceeded to follow him but after receiving the money he was in (scoring mode) in other words he couldn't walk any faster without running .So I couldnt keep up...What would I have said????What could I do???That is where God's testimony through me comes in.

I wasn't able to talk too him today but the opportunity might arise again .Obviously it is a story he has told more than once that he will use on unsuspecting foreigners like the gentlemen he talked to.The market place is one where all the foreigners flock which is good pickings for him I am sure. I have a feeling our paths will cross again.

On a bright note ..........I did some self-care for myself the last couple of days .....very unlike me...I have taken some time to reflect and refill .......It is something that is a weakness of mine,I generally keep myself very busy and anyone that knows ministry knows that it never stops.

My nickname from one of my friends is "church bell"If anyone wants to find me they just have to ring a church bell.So I doubled up on church yesterday..I went to the local church in my community and then to another service at night .The second service was exactly what I needed...it was like comfort food for me.....food for the soul......I walked in and noticed that there were a lot of young people ....the third service just like back home seems to be a majority of youth.

It was worship central as all the congregation was singing and dancing to a great worship band and it happened to be mostly hillsong tunes that I knew so I was singing in english as they were singing in Khmer.

Before the service a woman sat down 2 chairs away and started talking with me .She was so open about her faith and her love for Jesus.She shared with me her own struggles and I shared with her.The funny thing is that her name is nite as is my last name knight.So obviously I wont forget her .She is now a teacher in the Christian school they have started she teaches grade 3.She was sharing that her pay is less than the school before(which isnt much)but she feels fulfilled that this is what God wants her to do.She has been at the church for ten years and has watched it grow tremendously.Sharing her struggles so openly was refreshing most people in the west try to hide their problems.

She asked me as we were leaving if there was anything she could pray about for me and I told her for an ear and tongue for her language.I asked her if there was something I could pray for her about ..........she said"I want to be more obedient to God sometimes I don't listen right away ...I still listen but I want to be obedient right away.....I asked prayer for something to make ministry in Cambodia easier for me..........She asked for prayer" to be more obedient to the Father"I know which one I would answer first Blessings on you T.C. Nite

No comments:

Post a Comment